Effective: May 7, 2021
Wavve LLC (“Wavve,” “we,” “us”) recognizes and respects the importance of keeping your personal information secure. Moreover, we believe it is important for our customers to know and understand how we keep your personal information secure.
Information We Collect
To best serve your needs, we periodically collect certain personal and technical information from you.
Personal Information. We collect certain personal information when you voluntarily provide it, such as when registering an account, purchasing a license to our product, or sending us messages. This information may include your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, date of birth, user name, credit card number, corporate information, testimonial, and any other information you voluntarily provide to us.
We collect Personal Information when you:
- Register an account or place an order for any of our Services.
- Create or modify your profile and online account.
- Access and use our Services (for example, when you upload, download, collaborate on or share files or other information).
- Participate in any interactive features of the Services.
- Request customer support.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via e-mail.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which the information is being collected. The information is collected with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes and will only be retained for as long as necessary to fulfill those purposes. Your personal information will be collected by lawful means and will be protected by reasonable safeguards against loss, theft, and unauthorized access.
Collected information may include:
- The Internet address from which you accessed our Services (both your IP address and MAC address)
- The date and time you used our Services
- Whether you are a new or returning visitor
- The page from which you exit our Services
- What country you are visiting from (your network location)
- Your mobile carrier
- The Internet address of the web site from which you linked to us
- The name of the file or words you searched for, the items clicked on a page, and the browser and operating system used
- The average number of pages visited and the average time spent on our Services.
- Keeping you signed in to your account
- Remembering your account preferences
- Understanding how you use our Services
- Improve site functionality and user experience
There are several different types of cookies. Our Services use the following types of cookies:
- Functionality Cookies – We use functionality cookies to recognize you on our website and app and to remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and the location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising Cookies – We use advertising cookies to collect information about your visit to our website or app, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, your IP address, the date and time of your visit, the words you searched for, the items you clicked on, and the page you last visited before exiting our Services. We sometimes share some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
You can set your browser to not accept cookies. If you do not accept cookies, some of the features that make your site experience more efficient will be disabled, and some of our services may not function properly as a result.
How We Use The Information We Collect
We want to provide you with the best possible Internet experience and to fulfill your orders exactly as you requested. In order to make your experience a pleasant one, we collect information that allows us to, without limitation:
- Provide services to you through our Services
- To fulfill your orders or subscriptions to our Services
- Provide information concerning services you have purchased or Software you have downloaded
- Send you promotional offers
- Develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our website or app
- Identify your product and service preferences
- Customize our communications to you
- Improve, upgrade, or enhance our customer service
- Share your positive testimonials or feedback with others
- To assess how our users interact with or use our Services
- To identify system performance or problem areas.
- To regain information needed to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce agreements
You can prevent Google Analytics from recognizing you on return visits to the site by disabling cookies in your browser. If you prefer to not have data reported by Google Analytics, you can install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We use remarketing services to advertise to you on third-party websites, after you visit our website. This allows us to display advertisements to visitors who may not have completed a task on our website, such as filling out a request for information or purchasing items in their cart. Remarketing may take the form of an advertisement on the Google search results page, a site in the Google Display Network, or an ad network, or Facebook.
We use Google AdWords, a remarketing service provided by Google, Inc. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page: https://www.google.com/settings/ads.
Google also recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on – https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout – for your web browser. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics.
We may use remarketing services provided by Facebook Inc. You can learn about their advertising at: https://www.facebook.com/help/164968693837950. To opt-out from Facebook’s interest-based ads follow these instructions from Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217.
We may use other online advertising services such as Bing Ads, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Spotify, and others.
We also may use Google’s “cross-device functionality” to show ads to signed-in Google-users who have chosen to allow Google to display personalized ads by associating their web and app browsing history with their Google account. You can disable personalized advertising through your Google account settings.
Information We Share with Others
We do not sell, rent, trade, or otherwise transfer your personally identifiable information to outside parties without advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
For example, we may share your personally identifiable information with the following third-party services: Google Analytics, Facebook, Twitter, Amazon AWS, Stripe, Tapfiliate, Google Fonts, Intercom.
On rare occasions, we may disclose specific information upon governmental request, in response to a court order, or when required by law to do so. We may also share information with companies assisting in fraud protection or investigation. We do not provide information to these agencies or companies for marketing or commercial purposes.
We also may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company
Links to Other Sites
We may provide links through our Services to other sites. These sites operate independently of our site and have established their privacy and security policies. We encourage you to review these policies at any site you visit.
Updating or Reviewing Your Information
You may review or update your personal information (name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, credit card number, etc.) under your account at any time.
We are committed to protecting the privacy of your Personal Information. We intend to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of information that we collected from you.
We use a variety of current technologies and processes for the protection of information we collect and we limit the information we provide to third parties. We have security measures in place to help protect information under our control from the risk of accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, or unauthorized disclosure or access. However, “perfect security” does not exist on the Internet and we cannot promise or guarantee the absolute security of your personal information.
When you make a purchase of or submit a document using our Services, your transactional information is transmitted in a safe, encrypted format. In the unlikely case of a data breach, the following steps will be followed:
- Site, server and database access will temporarily be disabled
- All of our passwords and security certificates will be changed
- Our Users will be emailed and notified of the breach
- An internal investigation will be started to ascertain as much as we can about the breach
- The Wavve site, server and databases will be re-enabled once they’ve been proven to be secure
- Changes will be made, and documented, to prevent a similar breach in the future
- A follow up email will be sent to all of our Users, detailing what we learned from the investigation, along with the steps to prevent future breaches
Do Not Track Requests
“Cookies” are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
Like many sites, we use “cookies” to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Site.
“Do Not Track” or “DNT” is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. While we are committed to providing clear, transparent, and meaningful choices about the information collected on our Site, we do not currently recognize or respond to browser-initiated DNT signals.
California law permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us information about the categories of personal information we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared your personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. By law, you may request this information once per year. We must provide it to you free of charge.
If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information in the Contact Us section below. We reserve the right to request further information to verify you are a California resident.
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with the Services, you have the right to request the removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the Services. To request the removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided in the Contact Us section, below, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the Services, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from our systems.
If you are a resident of Nevada, you may request we limit the sale of certain personal information to third parties for resale or licensing purposes. You are entitled to register your preference for limits on such sales in the future by contacting us.
Please contact us via e-mail with the subject line, “Nevada Do Not Sell Request”. You must include your first and last name, zip code, the e-mail address connected to your account, or, if you have terminated your account, then the e-mail address connected to your terminated account. We reserve the right to require further information to verify you are a Nevada resident.
EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Notice
Under the GDPR, we are a Data Controller of your personal information.
We do not sell, rent, or trade your data.
When we process your order, we may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit card processing agencies in order to process your purchase.
How do we store your data?
We securely store your data at our service providers, who are GDPR compliant.
We will keep your data for as long as required by law, until we no longer have a valid reason for keeping it, or until you request us to stop using it. Once this time period has expired, we will delete your personal information from our servers and databases.
What are your data protection rights under GDPR?
We want you to be fully aware of all of your data protection rights under the GDPR. Every user located in a country which has adopted the GDPR is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Our Company correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at the address or e-mail identified in the Contact Us section at the end of this document.
We may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
Who is the Data Protection Officer?
Jeff Dolan, CEO
Protecting Children’s Privacy Online
Our Services is not intended to be used by individuals under the age of thirteen (13). We do not knowingly collect information from children under 13 without parental consent. If you believe we received information from an individual under the age of thirteen (13), please contact us at our email address listed in the Contact Us section below. We will take all reasonable efforts to remove the information. For information about the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) visit the Federal Trade Commission website.
Updates to this Policy
We may, in our sole discretion, modify or update this Policy from time to time. Therefore, you should periodically review this Policy. When we make any material changes, we will update the “effective date” of the Policy.
We always welcome your questions and feedback. Please contact us at email@example.com for questions or to request your account, and its associated data, to be deleted from the Wavve, and associated, servers.