How to share your music or podcast audio to youtube
Learn how to easily convert your audio to video and get audio to youtube
If you are trying to get your audio to Youtube, I have some good & bad news.
Youtube doesn’t support audio uploads.
Ok, now that we have that out of the way…
Youtube supports almost all video file types. This means all you need to do is convert your audio to a video file and then you can upload it directly to Youtube.
There are many different ways to accomplish this, including simply throwing your mp3 file into iMovie with an image and creating a static video file. However, viewers on Youtube may not be aware audio is included since there would not be any motion (it would just look like a still image) and most videos play automatically on mute.
Here at Wavve, we found that adding an audio waveform animation to videos featuring an image & audio is the best way to grab the attention of Youtube viewers. With Wavve, you can upload your own image and choose from a wide variety of animation styles to create beautiful videos that feature your audio. Check out a sample on our Youtube channel:
How to share audio to Youtube
This is where Wavve comes in.
Wavve makes it easy to combine an image, text, soundwave animation, and an audio clip to create a polished MP4 video that will grab the attention of viewers on social media, like this:
All you need to get started is a free Wavve account, an image, an audio clip, and your mobile phone.
- Visit Wavve.co and signup for a free account.
- Next, you need to create a design template to determine what your video will look like. We call these Cards. Head to the My Cards page and click add card. Your card design allows you to determine a background image, soundwave animation style, text, and more.
- Upload a background image and customize your card by adding a waveform animation and a caption.
- Save the Card and head to the “Create” Page.
- Upload the audio file of your radio segment or podcast episode.
- Trim the file to the short, significant segment that fans will love. Click Generate.
- Download the video to your computer.
- Login into Youtube and upload the video file.
Sign up for a free Wavve account here: https://app.wavve.co/signup
Want to see a video demo? Click here.
Want more info? Visit our website to see how Wavve makes it easy to turn audio into custom-branded, animated videos for social sharing.
The Wavve Team
I’m the Founder of Wavve. I love building tools to help content creators better share their message on social media.