Figuring out how to share your podcast on a platform like Instagram requires some serious creativity. And now we have Instagram Stories to add to the mix! Although it might not seem like it initially, there are lots of great opportunities in Stories to direct new listeners to your podcast. You can include a “swipe up” link, you can direct viewers to your bio link, and you can even use fun stickers to pose quiz questions or create a poll. And below, we’ll give you five easy steps to actually share your podcast on Instagram Stories.
How we use social media is changing quickly, and it’s altering the way we view everything online. At the forefront of this change is the “Stories” format, introduced by Snapchat, and now made even more popular on Instagram.
With Instagram Stories, users share posts that are formatted for mobile screens and are only available for a short time. After 24 hours, they are gone. Stories can be customized in many ways including stickers, GIFs, locations, text, and more. For larger accounts, you can even add a custom link on both Instagram Stories for directing viewers to your content.
Leveraging Instagram Stories to Promote Your Podcast
If you are a podcaster, and you’re looking to get your audio content in front of more eyes (or ears), there’s no better time to start posting audio to Instagram Stories.
Here at Wavve, our online tool helps audio creators turn segments of their content into videos optimized for your favorite social network. With Wavve, you can create custom animated videos with images, text, and audio animations. Wavve even offers dimensions optimized for Instagram Stories.
Oh yeah… and you can share these clips from your podcast to Instagram Stories for FREE. Here is how to do it:
What You’ll Need
- A Wavve account.
- A background image that would fit in a vertical frame. The background photo for your video must be enticing. This image should catch the attention of viewers and make them stop to give your video a listen. There are several applications and websites that can be used to create unique photos that will display the true identity of your brand.
- An audio file that contains the clip you want to share from your amazing podcast. Wavve supports mp3, mp4a, and wav files. The clip you share from your podcast to Instagram Stories should be an exclusive or highlight from that specific episode.
- A Smartphone or mobile device to post from.
How to share your podcast to Instagram Stories
- Visit Wavve.co and sign up for your free Wavve account.
- On the Video Dimensions page, select Vertical. This will auto-format your generated video to the proper specs.
- Customize your vertical design. All you’ll need is a background image (one that’s ideally formatted in at least 720 x 1280). You can also add some cool effects to your design (such as waveform animations, progress animations, etc.)
- Head to the Create page to combine your new design with your audio. Just upload your audio file (and don’t forget to check out our pricing plans!).
- If necessary, using the trimming tool to reduce the size of your audio file. Remember that Instagram Stories will automatically split your video up into 15 second segments.
Ready to get started?
Sign up for a free Wavve account or click here to see a video demo
With so many new podcasts joining the airwaves, you need a way to stand out. Sign up for your free Wavve account and start bringing the right attention to your show. For both old shows and new, Wavve is a great tool to help you gain followers and get the right recognition.
Want more info? Visit our website to see how Wavve makes it easy to turn audio into custom-branded, animated videos for social sharing. Create a free account today!
Have questions, ideas, or want to chat? Drop us an email or find us on Instagram or Twitter
I’m the Founder of Wavve. I love building tools to help content creators better share their message on social media.